Become a member of the Head & Hands Board of Directors!
Support our organization and community!
Head & Hands is currently looking for motivated, passionate people to run for election to our Board of Directors. We currently have 4 vacant seats to fill.
Applications are due May 9th at 6pm.
Who we are looking for:
We encourage all applications to our Board, and seek to create a balanced group to reflect the skills and priorities of our community. Head & Hands welcomes the unique contributions that youth (25 and under) and individuals from marginalized and oppressed communities bring to our organization, and invites these individuals to apply. We encourage applicants to describe the unique contributions they, as individuals with diverse experiences, would bring to Head & Hands in their cover letter.
- Be a member of Head & Hands and be endorsed by two Head & Hands members. (Anyone who has made a financial gift to Head & Hands within the year. since June 2011, is a member).
- Commitment to social justice and to our mission
- Willingness to participate in fundraising activities in a collaborative context
- Desire to work with a diversity of people on common goals
- Available for monthly evening Board meetings and ongoing committee work (total time commitment is approximately 8-10 hrs / month)
- Interest in local and current youth issues
- Knowledge of various aspects of community work
- Knowledge of harm reduction, anti-oppression, and collective functioning
- Expertise in areas relevant to our services (medical, legal, social, education)
- Contacts in the community, media, private and public sectors
- Willingness to be a spokesperson for Head & Hands
- Professional experience with human resources and/or financial management
We are particularly interested in recruiting board members with experience in one or several of the following areas:
- Financial management
- Fundraising, event planning, communications
- Human resources, labour & compensation
- Strategic planning & collaborative governance
- Policy work in the non-profit sector
- Legal issues (especially commercial law)
Interested? Find out how to apply here!