With yet another year under our (44 yr. old) belts, we have lot to be thankful for, and a lot to be proud of. We also have a lot to look forward to, and we want you to be a part of every step! We’ve got a ton of awesome events planned for this summer, and it all starts with our Annual General Meeting (AGM), where we will make some important decisions about Head & Hands.
Here’s how the evening will go down:
- Staff members will present the amazing work they’ve done throughout the year;
- organization management (staffing, finances, etc.) will be discussed;
- board candidates will present themselves; and
- members will vote on the new Board of Directors.
At this point, you might be asking yourself: “Am I a member of Head&Hands?”
Members can (and should!) attend the AGM and cast their votes. Clients, volunteers, and donors are all considered members – if you’ve accessed a service, volunteered your time, or donated money in the past year, you are a member. To attend the AGM, we need to make sure that you’re on the list of members.
To declare your membership:
- If you were a donor in the past year, you’re already listed as a member. Just show up!
- If you’ve been a client or volunteer this year, get in touch with the Coordinator of the Head & Hands program you access or volunteered for, by sending an email (listed here: http://headandhands.ca/about-us/staff-board/) or talking to the Coordinator themselves.
AND, because it’s how we do things, the AGM will also be a fun, entertaining evening, complete with delicious free food, and free childcare. That means there’s no reason why you shouldn’t join us in an evening of celebration, Head & Hands style!
This year’s AGM will take place on Wednesday, June 18 from 7 – 9pm at St. Raymond’s Community Centre. Check out the flyer below for more info!