Is there a better feeling than the excitement that comes from putting our gloves and coats back into our closet for the next six month, and saying goodbye to the boots we pranced around in all winter long?
It’s finally time to welcome Spring, and of course, the arrival of a new season is usually coupled with the welcoming of new and exciting challenges.
For people like me who have missed out on accomplishing their early New Year’s resolutions (like heading back to the gym or starting to eat healthier) thankfully the arrival of buds can often be a second chance for new beginnings, thus creating an improved and empowered versions of ourselves.
On my side, I am ‘in ’between beginning my contract as a new Serve coordinator and ‘’restarting’’ my diet left between the doors of February and March.
The countdown has begun! For the next few months, with the help of our dynamic and motivated team, we will work together, mixing all the best ingredients to make the 11th annual Serve an amazing experience.
Serve is an initiative that we put on for old and new friends of Head & Hands, but for those who are hearing it for the first time, let me give you a little introduction:
Serve is the fundraising idea of the century! It’s the perfect fusion of community action and education. Through this volleyball tournament, bars and restaurants face off to fundraise for the Sense Project, our sexual education program. In 2005, the Quebec government removed sex education as a mandatory part of the curriculum, so Head & Hands created the Sense Project to fill that gap.
Let me give you 5 kicking good reasons why you should be at Serve on July 24th.
- “Bow down’’ to the sand: if you’re like me and you hate that annoying crunching noise of boots on snow, Serve is the perfect time to enjoy the beach volleyball courts and to let the little grains of sand caress your feet.
- Combine the useful and the enjoyable, by supporting a good cause: help us in our mission to inform and educate our youth! The Sense Project is coordinated by amazing animators who travel around Montreal responding to youths’ questions and giving workshops.
- Take the chance to be carried away by new smiles: if you’re like me and your winter has ended with a tough break-up, Serve will be a great opportunity to embrace all things new, because when you smile at life, life smiles back.
- Sip some refreshing beer or pop in the warm weather, definitely what we love most about summer.
- Allow yourself to cut loose a little, to step out of your daily routine : because every summer has its story.
#Sunscreen #sunglasses #beach #volleyball #drinks #Sunday: you’ve got all the #best #summer #hashtags at #Servemtl. Mark July 24th into your schedule and come share in the fun.