Job Posting: Front-Desk Replacement
|Job Title||Front Desk Replacement (TBC)|
|Type of Position||Temporary Full Time (30 week contract)|
|Schedule||40 hours/week Monday to Friday 09h30 start time|
|Hourly Salary||$11.25/hour *** This is an Emploi Quebec position***|
|Benefits||Professional development opportunities Collaborative work environment|
Our mission is to work with youth to promote their physical and mental wellbeing. Our approach is preventative, non-judgmental, and holistic with a fundamental commitment to providing an environment that welcomes youth without discrimination. We facilitate social change and the empowerment of youth based on their current needs within our community and society at large.
In line with our mission, Head & Hands recognizes that experiencing marginalization and oppression often brings both challenges and valuable skills and perspectives. People of colour, people with disabilities, women, two-spirited and queer people, trans people, and other candidates who experience marginalization are strongly encouraged to apply. We are committed to a creating a workplace as diverse as the communities we serve.
About the Special Events & Fundraising Assistant position
The Front Desk replacement position, alongside the Office Coordinator, oversees our main office in NDG and ensures that it remains a warm and safe space in which to welcome youth, clients, and other community members.
Responsibilities include:Working with the current Office Coordinator, the selected candidate will: Support the Office Coordinator; collaborate with other administrative and program staff, providing a strong knowledge of Excel, WordPress & database management, attend staff meetings once a week (Tuesdays 1pm to 4pm), and contribute to office maintenance; Additionally, this position will require the selected candidate to: Provide client support in person and over the phone, provide temporary crisis management and support with youth; help clients navigate our services in order to connect them with our in-house support resources.
Requirements & AssetsRequirements:
- Be eligible for Subvention Salariale with Emploi Quebec
- Fluently bilingual (English and French), both oral and written
- Experience and/or post-secondary education in at least one of the following areas: front line service, youth work, reception work, experience with collective structures
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite or equivalent open source software (word processor, spreadsheet, etc) and of Google Suite (Gmail, Drive, Calendar), WordPress platforms, database management
- Active listening experience and strong communication skills
- Experience working in a collaborative team setting
- Excellent time-management and organizational skills
- Ability to work autonomously
- Excellent written and oral communication in English and French
- A commitment to harm reduction and anti-oppression principles
- Experience working in a community organization and/or non profit
- Familiarity with Montreal community organizations and services
- Training and/or experience with crisis intervention, active listening, conflict de-escalation
- Connections to or background within one or more of NDG’s diverse communities and cultures