Job Posting: Serve Tournament Coordinator
|Job Title||Serve Coordinator|
|Type of Position||Temporary Full Time (30 week contract)|
|Hourly Salary||$11.25/hour *** This is an Emploi Quebec position***|
Our mission is to work with youth to promote their physical and mental wellbeing. Our approach is preventative, non-judgmental, and holistic with a fundamental commitment to providing an environment that welcomes youth without discrimination. We facilitate social change and the empowerment of youth based on their current needs within our community and society at large.
In line with our mission, Head & Hands recognizes that experiencing marginalization and oppression often brings both challenges and valuable skills and perspectives. People of colour, people with disabilities, women, two-spirited and queer people, trans people, and other candidates who experience marginalization are strongly encouraged to apply. We are committed to a creating a workplace as diverse as the communities we serve.
About the Serve Coordinator position
This position will support with fundraising within Head & Hands, by spearheading the planning of the annual Serve Volleyball Tournament, a fundraiser for Head & Hands' Sense Project. The Serve Coordinator will be supervised by the Director of Funding & Partnerships, and work closely with other members of the Head & Hands team.
This position must be able to network with Montreal businesses for event sponsorships, conduct event promotion, and be able to plan motivate our team to actively participate in fundraising efforts leading up the event. Following the Serve Volleyball Tournament, this position will continue to support fundraising at Head & Hands through other avenues, in collaboration with other staff.Requirements & Assets Requirements:
- Be eligible for Subvention Salariale with Emploi Quebec
- Fluently bilingual (English and French), both oral and written
- Experience in event planning and community organizing
- Knowledge of Office Suite (ex. Excel, Word), Google Drive
- A commitment to harm reduction and anti-oppression principles
- Active listening skills
- Excellent time-management and organizational skills
- Ability to work autonomously
- Commitment to Head & Hands mission and approach
- Experience working in a collaborative team setting
- Experience in graphic design, media relations, social media, or fundraising
- Familiarity with Montreal and NDG communities
- Experience working in a community organization and/or non profit
Please apply by submitting your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Attn: Serve hiring committee” in the subject line. Applications can also be submitted by fax to (514) 481-2336 or in person at 5833 Sherbrooke West. Guidelines for preparing your CV and cover letter are available on our website. No incomplete or late applications will be accepted.Applications are due by February 28, 2018 at 10:00am. All candidates will be sent a confirmation that their application was received, but only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted further.
Ideal position start date is March 10, 2018. This position is funded through and dependent on Emploi Quebec subvention salariale funding: all candidates MUST qualify for the subvention salariale program.