Join our Board of DirectorsThe Opportunity:
Head & Hands is a bilingual non-profit organization working towards a society where young people are at the centre of decision-making for their lives. We offer critical health, social, and legal services to youth in Montreal with a commitment to non-judgment, harm reduction, holistic care, education, and confidentiality.
Head & Hands is looking for motivated, passionate people to run for election to our Board of Directors! We currently have eight positions available for a two-year term (June 2018 – June 2020). This is a terrific opportunity to contribute to the incredible work of Head & Hands!Who we are looking for:
Head & Hands encourages all applications to our Board: we want to create a balanced group to reflect the skills and priorities of our community. We welcome the unique contributions that young people bring to our organization, and especially invite people between the ages of 18-25 to apply! We also encourage you to describe the unique contributions that you, as an individual with diverse experiences, bring to Head & Hands. There is no need to have any formal training or prior board experience to be on the Head & Hands board.
We work to facilitate social change and the empowerment of diverse communities of youth. We know that living under marginalization and oppression often brings challenges and valuable skills and perspectives. People of colour, Indigenous people, people with disabilities, queer people, trans people, those who experience economic barriers, and other candidates who experience marginalization are strongly encouraged to apply and self-identify in your application to join the Board.
We’re committed to a creating an organization as diverse as the communities we serve, and especially welcome applications from people who have a personal connection to NDG. Our space at 3465 Benny Avenue is wheelchair accessible.Requirements:
- Commitment to social justice and our mission
- Desire to work with a diversity of people on common goals, with passion, patience, and initiative
- Willingness to participate in activities involving the organization’s administration in a collaborative context, including finances, human resources, and some fundraising
- Available for monthly evening Board meetings and ongoing committee work (total time commitment is approx. 6-8 hours a month)
- Access to email for team communication
- Anyone interested in applying should use any format that you’re most comfortable with (whether it’s visual, auditory, or something else altogether!) to address the following three points either in person to our office at 3465 Benny Avenue or by email to email@example.com — as soon as possible but no later than Sunday, June 10 at midnight:
- Tell us a bit about yourself! How can we best contact you?
- What do you think you can contribute to Head & Hands as a member of the Board of Directors?
- What is your connection to Head & Hands?
- A current Board member will contact you to answer any questions you have about your potential involvement and to confirm your candidacy.
- Board members will be elected at our AGM on June 18, 2018!