Safer Space Statement
Head & Hands is a harm-reductive and open space that seeks to be inclusive, accessible, and safe for those who come here.
The staff and volunteers at Head & Hands, as well our clients, are expected to maintain the following commitments to non-violence:
- Creating a harassment-free space. Physical violence and/or threats, verbal aggression, disruptive or invasive behavior, serious destruction of the office, theft, breaking into any of our premises, and sexual harassment are not okay here.
- Creating an inclusive space regardless of race, ethnicity, sexuality, gender, age, and body size. Racist, homophobic, transphobic, sexist, fatphobic, ageist, and other discriminatory attitudes and/or remarks are not okay here.
- Creating an inclusive environment for people with access needs. Although we recognize that Head & Hands is not fully accessible, we want to create an accessible environment however we can. Please let us know if we can do anything to make it easier and/or more comfortable for you to access our services.
- Using the name and pronouns you use.
- Creating a parent- and kid-positive space. While we can’t offer childcare, we offer toys, books, and movies for entertainment. Please breastfeed wherever is comfortable for you! If you need help with strollers or doors just let us know. We seek to be patient and supportive to parents with children.
- While we maintain a non-judgemental approach to drug use, consumption of drugs and alcohol is not permitted in our offices.