Join our Board of Directors
Become a member of the Head & Hands Board of Directors!
Support our organization and community!
Head & Hands is looking for motivated, passionate people to run for election to our Board of Directors. We currently have one seat open.
Who we are looking for:
We encourage all applications to our Board, and seek to create a balanced group to reflect the skills and priorities of our community. Head & Hands welcomes the unique contributions that youth (25 and under) and individuals from marginalized and oppressed communities bring to our organization, and invites these individuals to apply. We encourage applicants to describe the unique contributions they, as individuals with diverse experiences, would bring to Head & Hands in their cover letter.
How to apply:
- Get in touch with Jon, our director, at email@example.com – and let him know you’d like to apply!
- You will receive a blank Board Candidate Profile, which you should complete and return along with your CV and a short cover letter explaining why you would like to join our board. These application packages are due October 14th, at 6pm.
- You will then be contacted by a current member of our Board for an in-person interview. This will be a chance for us to get to know you, and for you to learn more about how our board works, what projects we are currently managing, and what kind of training & support opportunities you will have as a new board member. Your questions are welcomed!
- The Board recruitment committee will prepare a summary of your interview & documents, and make this available to Head & Hands’ staff & Board along with their recommendation on your candidacy.
- You will hear back from a member of our recruitment committee on the results of your application. We will then support you with the process of obtaining endorsements from at least two Head & Hands’ members. We will also ask you to become a member, if you aren’t one already.
- Finally, our Board of Directors will vote at its meeting on November 6th 2013 to select a candidate! All candidates will be notified of election results the following day.
For more information:
Jon McPhedran Waitzer, Director: (514) 481-0277 firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include “Board Application” in the subject line of your email.