Join our Board of Directors
Become a member of the Head & Hands Board of Directors!
Support our organization and community!
Head & Hands is looking for motivated, passionate people to run for election to our Board of Directors. We currently have one interim position available for a four-month term (February 2015 – June 2015), with possibility for re-election at our AGM in June 2015.
Who we are looking for:
We encourage all applications to our Board, and seek to create a balanced group to reflect the skills and priorities of our community. Head & Hands welcomes the unique contributions that youth (25 and under) bring to our organization, and invites these individuals to apply. We also encourage applicants to describe the unique contributions they, as individuals with diverse experiences, would bring to Head & Hands.
As an organization that works to facilitate social change and the empowerment of diverse communities of youth, Head & Hands recognizes that living under marginalization and oppression often brings both challenges and valuable skills and perspectives. People of color, people with disabilities, women, Two-Spirited, queer people, trans* people, and other candidates who experience marginalization are strongly encouraged to apply and to self-identify in your Board Candidate Profile. We are committed to a creating an organization as diverse as the communities we serve.
- Commitment to social justice and to our mission
- Willingness to participate in fundraising activities in a collaborative context
- Desire to work with a diversity of people on common goals
- Available for monthly evening Board meetings and ongoing committee work (total time commitment is approx. 8-10 hrs / month)
How to apply:
- Get in touch with Émile, our Board secretary, at firstname.lastname@example.org – and let him know you’d like to apply.
- Émile will send you a blank Board Candidate Profile, which you should complete and return along with your CV if you have one. The profile can be in full sentences or in point form. If you need any assistance in filling out the profile, please do not hesitate to contact Émile for collaborative support. Your Board Candidate Profile and CV are due January 13th at 6pm.
- You will then be contacted by the Board Recruitment Committee, which consists of current members of the Board, for an in-person interview. This will be a chance not only for us to get to know you, but also for you to learn more about how our Board works, what projects we are currently managing, and what kind of training & support opportunities you will have as a new Board member. Your questions are welcomed!
- At the end of this interview, you will be asked to become a member of Head & Hands (if you aren’t one already) and prepare a short video, audio or written statement about your candidacy.
- The Board Recruitment Committee will gather together all of your documents, including a summary of your interview and a recommendation on your candidacy, and make them available to the remaining members of the Board.
- Finally, the Board will vote on a successful candidate at the February 2015 Head & Hands Board Meeting. All candidates will be notified of election results the following day.