Join Our Team
Thank you for your interest in joining our organization! At Head & Hands, we are a dynamic and diverse team that works collaboratively to help empower youth in our community and create lasting social change.
Please note that we do not accept unsolicited job applications or CVs. Look to the right to see current job openings, and keep reading below for information and tips on applying to work with us!
What we look for in an application:
A job application at Head & Hands consists of two things: a CV and a cover letter.
The purpose of your CV is to provide us with insight on your skills, achievements, and past educational, work, and volunteer experiences.
In addition to your CV, we want you to include a cover letter for the position that you are applying for. We want to hear about what makes you a good fit for the job, and also what makes you you.
Good cover letters often include:
- What excites you about working at Head & Hands;
- How you relate to our mission, vision or approach;
- An elaboration on your CV– how your past experiences will translate into success in the position;
- Any life experience or personal interests that would make you a good fit for the job;
- Your values, your political beliefs or artistic practices, your approach to life, identity, religion, or a personal story that relates to the job your applying for…the sky’s the limit!!
As an organization that works to facilitate social change and the empowerment of diverse communities of youth, Head & Hands recognizes that living under marginalization and oppression often brings both challenges and valuable skills and perspectives. People of color, people with disabilities, women, two-spirited and queer people, trans people, and other candidates who experience marginalization are strongly encouraged to apply and to self-identify in your cover letter. We are committed to a creating a workplace as diverse as the communities we serve, and to supporting our staff with ongoing career development opportunities.