Capital Campaign Coordinator
|Job Title||Capital Campaign Coordinator|
|Type of Position||Temporary Full Time (Contract)|
Schedule includes: Occasional evenings and weekends as required
|Benefits||3 weeks of vacation, 13 health days, group insurance|
Our mission is to work with youth to promote their physical and mental wellbeing. Our approach is preventative, non-judgmental, and holistic with a fundamental commitment to providing an environment that welcomes youth without discrimination. We facilitate social change and the empowerment of youth based on their current needs within our community and society at large.
In line with our mission, Head & Hands recognizes that experiencing marginalization and oppression often brings both challenges and valuable skills and perspectives. People of colour, people with disabilities, women, two-spirited and queer people, trans people, and other candidates who experience marginalization are strongly encouraged to apply. We are committed to a creating a workplace as diverse as the communities we serve.
About the Capital Campaign Coordinator position
Head & Hands has entered into a long-term agreement with the Ville de Montréal to occupy 5436 Benny in Notre-Dame-de-Grâce. This location will be renovated to accommodate our individual services and our Young Parents Program. This move is one of the major elements of a campaign that will culminate with Head & Hands’ 50th anniversary in 2020. The Capital Campaign Coordinator will work closely with the Director of Head & Hands and the Fundraising and Administration team. The position is a one year, full-time contract with a possibility for renewal.
The Campaign Director will be responsible for the tactical implementation of the campaign.
Key responsibilities include:
- Leading the implementation of the capital fundraising plan.
- Manage activities around the identification, cultivation, enlistment and training of the campaign volunteers and provide ongoing support to key volunteers
- Manage process for prospect identification and evaluation
- Plan, coordinate and support the solicitation of major gifts
- Assist with the development of named giving and donor recognition programs
- Create, maintain and/or integrate systems for donor management, research and cultivation, gift processing, pledge management and recognition
- Contribute to the development of all campaign-related materials (brochures, newsletters, media releases, etc.)
- Prepare regular reports of campaign activities, expenditures and results for review by Campaign Committee
- Leverage and maximize resources to ensure high quality service, products and results while managing costs.
Requirements & Assets
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in both French and English
- Extensive experience in Fundraising, Development and/or Public Relations
- High degree of independence
- Ability to network and build donor relationships
- Comfort with direct solicitation of major gifts
- Excellent time-management and organizational skills
- Ability to work autonomously outside of the main office
- Commitment to Head & Hands mission and approach
- Experience working in a collaborative team setting
- Experience with capital campaign planning and execution
- Strong network in philanthropy
- Knowledge of Fundraising for Social Change
- Strong knowledge of Office Suite
- Strong knowledge of Google Apps
- Post-secondary education in at least one of the following areas: Fundraising, Political Science, Administration, Finance, Human Relations, Communications, Marketing
- Experience with Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software
- Experience working in a community organization and/or non profit
- Experience working in a collective setting
Please apply by submitting your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Attn: Capital Campaign Coordinator hiring committee” in the subject line. Applications can also be submitted by fax to (514) 481-2336 or in person at 5833 Sherbrooke West. Guidelines for preparing your CV and cover letter are available on our website. No incomplete or late applications will be accepted.
Applications are due by March 23rd, 2017. All candidates will be sent a confirmation that their application was received, but only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted further. Position start date: April 1st, 2017.