|Job Title:||Office Coordinator|
|Type of Position:||Permanent Full Time|
Schedule includes: mandatory staff meetings on Tuesday from 1-4pm,
at least one evening shift per week
|Hourly Salary:||$18/hr + yearly increase|
|Benefits:||3 weeks paid vacation in first year, 13 paid health days, group insurance|
Our mission is to work with youth to promote their physical and mental well-being. Our approach is preventative, non-judgmental, and holistic with a fundamental commitment to providing an environment that welcomes youth without discrimination. We facilitate social change and the empowerment of youth based on their current needs within our community and society at large.
In line with our mission, Head & Hands recognizes that experiencing marginalization and oppression often brings both challenges and valuable skills and perspectives. People of colour, people with disabilities, women, two-spirited and queer people, trans people, and other candidates who experience marginalization are strongly encouraged to apply. We are committed to a creating a workplace as diverse as the communities we serve.
About the Office Coordinator Position
The Office Coordinator (OC) oversees our main office in NDG and ensures it remains a warm and safe space in which to welcome youth, clients, and other community members. The OC, alongside the Info & Referrals Coordinator (IRC), provides front-line support and crisis intervention to clients who call or come to our office. The OC is central to communications at Head & Hands, assessing the needs of those who contact us to connect them with our services and staff, or with outside resources. Together with the IRC, the OC coordinates the training and supervision of front desk volunteers. The OC contributes to Head & Hands’ web and social media presence.
- Provide information, resources, and referrals to people who call, email, or come into the office.
- Provide front-line support, crisis intervention, and conflict de-escalation as needed.
- Ensure effect transmission of information between clients, community members, and staffers.
- Ensure that Head & Hands’ social media presence reflects our full range of programs and activities.
- Participate in the planning, organization and realization of Head & Hands’ activities including fundraising events, committees, retreat, and staff meetings.
Requirements & Assets:
- Fluently bilingual (English and French), oral and written
- A commitment to harm reduction and anti-oppression principles
- Interest or experience in front-line support, crisis intervention, conflict de-escalation skills
- Active listening skills
- Excellent time-management and organizational skills
- Knowledge of WordPress-based website management
- Familiarity with Montreal community organizations and services, especially for youth
- Ability to troubleshoot, multi-task, and work under pressure
- Strong ability to structure work and see tasks through
- Commitment to consensus-based decision making
- Computer knowledge (Microsoft Office, social media, Google Drive)
- A commitment to Head & Hands mission and approach
- Organizational and policy development experience
- Experience in non-profit and/or collective teams
- Experience with collaborative decision making
- Educational background and/or work experience in a related field
- English to French translation skills
- Connections to or background within one or more diverse communities and cultures in Montreal, especially NDG
Please apply by submitting your CV and cover letter to email@example.com with “Attn: office coordinator hiring committee” in the subject line. Applications can also be submitted in person at 5833 Sherbrooke West. Guidelines for preparing your CV and cover letter are available on our website. No incomplete or late applications will be accepted.
Applications are due by Friday March 31st at noon. All candidates will be sent a confirmation that their application was received, but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted further. Position start date: To be determined.