Special Events and Fundraising Assistant
|Job Title||Special Events & Fundraising Assistant|
|Type of Position||6 Month Contract – Full Time|
Our mission is to work with youth to promote their physical and mental wellbeing. Our approach is preventative, non-judgmental, and holistic with a fundamental commitment to providing an environment that welcomes youth without discrimination. We facilitate social change and the empowerment of youth based on their current needs within our community and society at large.
In line with our mission, Head & Hands recognizes that experiencing marginalization and oppression often brings both challenges and valuable skills and perspectives. People of colour, people with disabilities, women, two-spirited and queer people, trans people, and other candidates who experience marginalization are strongly encouraged to apply. We are committed to a creating a workplace as diverse as the communities we serve.
About the Special Events & Fundraising Assistant position
This position will support with fundraising within Head & Hands, starting with the annual HIV/AIDS fundraiser, which involves motivating a group to fundraise, and creating content. This position will also include event planning, fundraising research, working on database management, writing small grant applications.
This position must be able to network with Montreal businesses for event sponsorships, effectively assist in event promotion, and be able to plan motivate our team to actively participate in fundraising efforts leading up the HIV/AIDS event. Following the HIV/AIDS fundraiser, this position will continue to support fundraising at Head & Hands through other avenues, in collaboration with other staff.
Requirements & Assets
- Be eligible for Subvention Salariale with Emploi Quebec
- Fluently bilingual (English and French), both oral and written
- Experience in event planning and community organizing
- Knowledge of Office Suite (ex. Excel, Word), Google Drive
- A commitment to harm reduction and anti-oppression principles
- Active listening skills
- Excellent time-management and organizational skills
- Ability to work autonomously
- Commitment to Head & Hands mission and approach
- Experience working in a collaborative team setting
- Experience in graphic design, media relations, social media, or fundraising
- Knowledge of database management softwares
- Familiarity with Montreal and NDG communities
- Experience working in a community organization and/or non profit
Please apply by submitting your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Attn: SEFA hiring committee” in the subject line. Applications can also be submitted by fax to (514) 481-2336 or in person at 5833 Sherbrooke West. Guidelines for preparing your CV and cover letter are available on our website. No incomplete or late applications will be accepted.
Applications are due by August 1st, 2017 at 10:00am. All candidates will be sent a confirmation that their application was received, but only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted further.
Ideal position start date is August 10th, 2017. This position is funded through and dependent on Emploi Quebec subvention salariale funding: all candidates MUST qualify for the subvention salariale program.