There are so many ways that you can support the Young Parents Program!
More than sixty families access the Young Parents Program each year. Gifts from the community help us to make sure that we can provide a diverse range of programming as well as material support to families who attend the program.
No gift to the YPP is too small! To give you an idea of what giving to the YPP can do:
- $6 funds a day’s snack for YPP kids
- $30 provides a hot lunch for thirty parents and kids
- $60 makes sure that all YPP parents have bus fares to get to and from the program
- $100 covers the costs of a bus to take the YPP apple-picking
If you’d like to make a gift, follow the “Support YPP” link to the right!
Childcare volunteers are essential to the YPP. If you like working with young children and are interested in helping to create a fun and stimulating learning environment for babies, toddlers and pre-schoolers then contact us to get involved!
- Childcare volunteers do weekly shifts, and receive ongoing training and support in early childhood education.
- Childcare volunteers must make a minimum 6-month commitment and be available Wednesday or Friday from 9:30 to 12:30 or 11:00 to 4:30.
- Childcare volunteers must be comfortable conversing in English, but people who speak additional languages are encouraged to apply!
To volunteer at the YPP, complete this form and email it to email@example.com.
We are also on the lookout for volunteers who:
- have graphic design skills
- have access to a car and would be available to support with YPP food pick-ups
- would be interested in leading workshops
Contact the YPP Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would be interested in volunteering in those ways.
Donations of materials
Please note that we are currently not able to take any donations until September.
Donations from the community help us to make sure that YPP parents have access to high quality children’s clothing, toys, and materials. Donations we receive are available to all YPP parents on the last Friday of each month.
We are often on the look-out for clothing, shoes, and educational toys for children aged 0 to 5 years.
If you have something you’d like to donate, please note that you must first contact the YPP Coordinator, Allyson, at (514) 481-0277. Due to limited storage space we are unfortunately not able to accept all donations,