|Job Title||Front Desk Coordinator|
|Type of Position||Part-time Contract – Until [DATE]|
|Benefits||3 weeks paid vacation 13 paid health days|
Head & Hands envisions a society where all youth are participants and are inspired by the endless possibilities available to them. Our mission is to work with youth to promote their physical and mental well being. Our approach is preventative, non-judgmental, and holistic with a fundamental commitment to providing an environment that welcomes youth without discrimination. We facilitate social change and the empowerment of youth based on their current needs within our community and society at large.
This position will is responsible for designing and implementing the Front Desk Volunteer Program, maintaining coverage at the front desk, and supporting the Evening Office Coordinator.
- Front Desk Volunteer Program
- Recruit, train, supervise, and coordinate the schedules of new FDVs.
- Act as liaison and representative between FDVs and staff
- Information & Referral
- Provide information, resources and referrals to people who call, email or drop in the space.
- Provide front-line support, crisis intervention and conflict de-escalation as needed
- Help maintain community and staff bulletin boards
- Reception Area & Food pantry
- Maintain welcoming, tidy and safe space for clients and community members in our waiting area and in accordance with our Security policy.
- Be the first responder in escalated or crisis situations and in accordance with our Crisis Policy.
- Distribute food to clients in accordance with the current food pantry guidelines.
- Office Coordination
- Keep track of staff members’ locations and availability
- Ensure effective transmission of information between clients and staff members
- Communicate daily with EOC to ensure smooth transitions and that the front desk is covered during operating hours.
The candidate must possess the following:
- Fluently bilingual (English and French), both oral and written
- Strong communication and writing skills
- A commitment to harm reduction and anti-oppression principles
- Active listening skills
- Excellent time-management and organizational skills
- Familiarity with Google Suite and Microsoft Suite
- Ability to work autonomously
- Commitment to Head & Hands mission and approach
- Experience working in a collaborative team setting
- Experience working in a community organization and/or non profit
- Experience working in, or education in, administration: reception, coordination, hospitality, other office work
- Strong understanding of Montreal’s non-profit sector
Please submit CV and Cover Letter by Friday May 3rd at 5:00pm to firstname.lastname@example.org. “Attn: FD Hiring Committee”. Please read the Application Guidelines before submitting.