|Job Title||Health Services Coordinator/ Director|
|Type of Position||Permanent Full TimeJanuary 2022 start date|
|Schedule||38 hours/week Occasional evening work|
|Salary & Benefits||$43,000 annual salary + annual seniority increases |
Group insurance plan Unlimited health days3 weeks vacation first year + 4 weeks in subsequent years
Head & Hands envisions a society where all youth are participants and are inspired by the endless possibilities available to them. Our mission is to work with youth to promote their physical and mental well being. Our approach is preventative, non-judgmental, and holistic with a fundamental commitment to providing an environment that welcomes youth without discrimination. We facilitate social change and the empowerment of youth based on their current needs within our community and society at large.
About Head & Hands & Perks of the Position
Head & Hands currently operates in a flattened hierarchy model, with Program Directors operating as the main decision-making body, with strong encouragement to consult and collaborate with all staff within programs and within the organization. In the pandemic context the Head & Hands structure has entered a review of this structure to ensure increased collaboration and shared collective labour.
As an organization that works to facilitate social change and the empowerment of diverse communities of youth, Head & Hands recognizes that experiencing marginalization and oppression often presents challenges, but also informs valuable skills and perspectives.
We strongly encourage BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, People of Colour), people with disabilities, women, Two-Spirit and queer people, trans people, and other candidates who experience marginalization to apply to this position and to self-identify when you apply. We are committed to creating a workplace as diverse as the communities we serve, and to supporting our staff with ongoing career development opportunities.
This is a full-time permanent position. Benefits include:
- A semi-flexible work schedule,
- Paid sick days and mental health days,
- 3 weeks of vacation in the first year of employment and 4 weeks of vacation thereafter in addition to 2 paid weeks off for winter holidays, and occasional summer closures,
- Access to the group health insurance plan, which includes coverage for prescription drugs, dental care, and health practitioners such as psychologists, social workers, massage therapists, acupuncturists, and physiotherapists.
About the Health Services Coordinator/Director position
The Health Services Coordinator/Director manages and envisions the future of Head and Hands’ over 50-year-old Medical Clinic. Supporting and collaborating with a team of medical and administrative staff, this position will oversee the running of our youth clinic as well as the development of prospective projects for the medical program. This position will also contribute to collective responsibilities within the organization, working with other programs and taking part in larger decision making structures.
List of Tasks
- Provide supervision for clinic staff, giving regular feedback and supporting projects.
- Collaborate with clinic staff on visioning and policy.
- Manage clinic scheduling.
- Supervise the collection and reporting of regular statistics.
- Coordinate ordering of medical and supplies for org-wide use.
- Manage program budget and small fundraising projects.
- Develop protocols and plans for a new vaccination program.
- Manage program’s documentation practices, including yearly updates to protocols and policies.
- Collaborate/Oversee with other programs the development of an internal referral system and a holistic trans care program.
- Oversee the recruitment and training of medical and non-medical staff.
- Coordinate vacations and replacement staff.
- Review salaries, job descriptions, and positions bi-annually.
- Supervise clinic and regular health-related training for nurses.
- Collect, document, and respond to client feedback in collaboration with the HR Director.
- Patient intake and needs assessment in collaboration with reception staff and nurses.
- Conduct medical follow-ups as directed by doctors and nurses.
- Provide health information, education, support, counselling and referrals to clients.
- Supply contraceptive gear.
- Collaborate with other H&H programs in internal referrals.
- Do pregnancy tests.
Resources & Referrals
- Support other programs in accessing up-to-date medical information and educational tools.
- Attend health conferences, professional training, and other events.
- Communicate and strategize with community partners.
- Keep referrals updated.
- Collaborate with medical staff in developing clinic protocols.
- Uphold the mission and mandate of Head and Hands.
- Participate in organizational committees.
- Attend the AGM and a minimum of 2 other major events per year.
- Attend all regular and exceptional staff meetings (including staff retreats).
- Provide relevant training to staff.
Requirements & Assets
- Bilingual French & English
- A commitment to harm reduction, anti-oppression and anti-racism.
- Excellent time management skills, personal organization, and attention to detail
- Post-secondary education and/or experience in at least one of the following areas: health promotion or research, nursing studies, social justice, social work, street work, hormone replacement therapy, trans health, 2SLGBTQ+ youth health, sex worker health.
- Program coordination or administrative experience
- Experience working with youth and/or marginalized populations
- Deep understanding of the lived experience of chronic strain or stress of gender marginalization, transphobia, transmisogyny.
- Deep understanding of the lived experience of the chronic strain or stress of forms of marginalization: racism, homophobia, xenophobia, poverty, living with disability.
- Deep understanding of informed consent.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written
- Ability to work autonomously
- Experience working in a collaborative team setting
- Experience working in a clinic or healthcare setting
- Connections to or background with NDG and it’s communities
- Special knowledge of or experience with the following areas: STIs and safer sex practices,contraception, pregnancy and abortion, trans health, health advocacy and reproductive justice, mental health intervention, suicide preventions, drug-use, harm reduction, sex work, sexual assault.
- Knowledge of the Quebec and Montreal health care network and services.
- Knowledge of queer and/or trans organizations and resources in Montreal, Quebec and Canada.
- Experience in health services access for people with no QC healthcare.
- Experience in peer supervision
- Experience in training of interns and volunteers
- Experience working in a community organization and/or non profit
- First-Aid & CPR certification.
- Knowledge of additional language(s), particularly Spanish
Head & Hands’ Medical Clinic has remained open and operational throughout the pandemic, with some appointments in person (when absolutely necessary) and others through teleconference. This position will require in-person and direct client work: the candidate must be able and willing to work from the office.
Full PPE and training are provided by Head & Hands. If concerned please contact 514-481-0277 or include questions in your application.
Please apply by submitting your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, and including “Attn: Health Services Coordinator” in the subject line. Applications can also be submitted by fax at 514-481-2336, or in person at 3465 Benny ave. Guidelines for preparing your CV and cover letter are available on our website, no incomplete applications will be accepted.
Applications are due at 10:00 am on Dec 10 2021. All candidates will be sent a confirmation that their application was received, but only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted further. We are aiming to hold interviews for this position during the week of Dec 13 and Dec 17 with an ideal start date of December 20 or January 5 2021.