|Job Title||Social Media Assistant|
|Type of Position||8 week contract|
This position is supported by Employment and Social Development Canada under the Canada Summer Jobs program. Applicants must be between 15 and 30 years old to be eligible.
|Salary & Benefits||$20.00/hour |
NOTE: Head & Hands currently operates on a flat pay structure. All staff members, with the exception of the Executive Director, receive the same hourly wage regardless of position.
Benefits detailed below
Head & Hands envisions a society where all youth are participants and are inspired by the endless possibilities available to them. Our mission is to work with youth to promote their physical and mental well being. Our approach is preventative, non-judgmental, and holistic with a fundamental commitment to providing an environment that welcomes youth without discrimination. We facilitate social change and the empowerment of youth based on their current needs within our community and society at large.
About Head & Hands & Perks of the Position
Head & Hands currently operates in a flattened hierarchy model, with Program Directors operating as the main decision-making body, with strong encouragement to consult and collaborate with all staff within programs and within the organization. In the pandemic context the Head & Hands structure has entered a review of this structure to ensure increased collaboration and shared collective labour.
As an organization that works to facilitate social change and the empowerment of diverse communities of youth, Head & Hands recognizes that experiencing marginalization and oppression often presents challenges, but also informs valuable skills and perspectives.
We strongly encourage BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, People of Colour), people with disabilities, women, Two-Spirit and queer people, trans people, and other candidates who experience marginalization to apply to this position and to self-identify when you apply. We are committed to creating a workplace as diverse as the communities we serve, and to supporting our staff with ongoing career development opportunities.
This is an 8 week part-time contract position. Benefits include:
- A flexible work schedule
- Paid sick days and mental health days
About the Social Media Assistant position
The Social Media Assistant works directly with the Media & Communications Coordinator to develop and create content for Head & Hands’ social media accounts. They brainstorm, develop, and execute special projects that complement Head & Hands programming and communications goals.
- Research and develop content for social media posts
- Draft and edit social media posts
- Film, produce, and edit video content for use on social media
- Graphic design for social media and website content
- Update website content
- Support Communications Coordinator with developing and analyzing social media campaigns
Requirements & Assets
- Bilingual French & English
- A commitment to harm reduction and anti-oppression
- Excellent time management skills, personal organization, and attention to detail
- Experience in at least one of the following areas: communications, graphic design, or video production
- Understanding of social media conventions and algorithms across multiple platforms (Facebook, Tik Tok, Instagram)
- Knowledge around diverse issues experienced by youth
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written
- Ability to work autonomously
- Experience working in a collaborative team setting
- Connections to or background with NDG and is communities
- Experience in fundraising or event planning
- Experience working in the non-profit sector
Please apply by submitting your CV and cover letter to email@example.com, and including “Attn: Social Media Assistant Hiring Committee” in the subject line. Applications can also be submitted by fax at 514-481-2336, or in person at 3465 Benny ave. Guidelines for preparing your CV and cover letter are available on our website, no incomplete applications will be accepted.
Applications are due at 10:00 am on August 5th. All candidates will be sent a confirmation that their application was received, but only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted further. We are aiming to hold interviews for this position during the week of August 10th with an ideal start date of August 14th.