Become a member of the Head & Hands Board of Directors – support our organization and community!
Head & Hands is a bilingual non-profit organization working towards a society where young people are at the centre of decision-making for their lives. We offer critical medical, social, and legal services to youth in Montreal with a commitment to non-judgment, harm reduction, holistic care, education, and confidentiality.
Head & Hands is looking for motivated, passionate people to run for election to our Board of Directors! This is a terrific opportunity to contribute to the incredible work of Head & Hands!
Who we are looking for:
Head & Hands works to facilitate social change and the empowerment of diverse communities of youth. We encourage all applications to our Board: we’re committed to creating an organization as diverse as the communities we serve. There is no need to have any formal training or prior board experience to be on the Head & Hands board.
We especially encourage applications from people who have experience in the health sector, with accounting, with high-level fundraising, in communication, in legal matters, or connections to various communities in Montreal. These are considered assets, but are not requirements. Our space at 3465 Benny Avenue is wheelchair accessible.
*To note: Our AGM will be held in person outdoors. Currently all other board responsibilities and all regular board meetings have been carried out virtually.
● Commitment to social justice, harm reduction, and the well-being of youth
● Desire to work with a diversity of people on common goals, with passion, patience, and initiative
● Willingness to participate in activities involving the organization’s administration in a collaborative context, including fundraising, finances, and organization governance
● Knowledge and understanding of youth needs and the Montreal context
● Available for monthly evening Board meetings and ongoing committee work (total time commitment is approx. 6-8 hours a month)
● Regular access to email and zoom for team communication
The process of becoming a Board member:
1. Anyone interested in applying should use any format that you’re most comfortable with (whether it’s visual, auditory, or something else altogether!) to address the following three points by email to email@example.com — by Friday, June 17 at 5pm:
- Tell us a bit about yourself! How can we best contact you?
- Why do you want to join Head & Hands’ board of directors?
- What do you think you can contribute to Head & Hands as a member of the Board of Directors?
2. A current Board member will contact you to answer any questions you have about your potential involvement and to confirm your candidacy.
Thank you for your interest in Head & Hands!