|Job Title||Medical Administrative & HRT Program Coordinator|
|Type of Position||Full Time Contract|
October 2020 to December 2021
Possibility of renewal, funding dependent
|Hourly Salary||$18/hr + yearly increase|
|Benefits||3 weeks vacation in first year, 4 in subsequent years|
Head & Hands envisions a society where all youth are participants and are inspired by the endless possibilities available to them. Our mission is to work with youth to promote their physical and mental well being. Our approach is preventative, non-judgmental, and holistic with a fundamental commitment to providing an environment that welcomes youth without discrimination. We facilitate social change and the empowerment of youth based on their current needs within our community and society at large.
As an organization that works to facilitate social change and the empowerment of diverse communities of youth, Head & Hands recognizes that experiencing marginalization and oppression often brings both challenges and valuable skills and perspectives.
We recognize that these skills are often undervalued and unacknowledged in professional settings, despite being highly transferable to the work we do. If you have questions about representing non-traditional skills and experience within your application, please get in touch for support in framing what you have to offer in a way that’s identifiable within the Qualifications and Assets described above.
People of color, people with disabilities, women, two-spirited and queer people, trans people, and other candidates who experience marginalization are strongly encouraged to apply and to self-identify in your cover letter. We are committed to a creating a workplace as diverse as the communities we serve, and to supporting our staff with ongoing career development opportunities.
About the Medical Administrative & HRT Coordinator Position
The Head & Hands Medical Clinic serves youth 12-25 years old. The Medical Clinic aims to provide an alternative to harmful, one-size-fits-all approaches to healthcare seen at the institutional level. The clinic’s guiding principles are based on a trauma-informed approach, anti-oppression, harm reduction, holistic care, non-judgment, pro-choice, education, consent, and confidentiality. Head & Hands’ Medical Clinic is targeted to youth facing complex social determinants of health, and those who face barriers to accessing institutional healthcare. Clinic runs 2-3 times per week, most weeks.
The program is in the final phase of a restructuring. The Medical Administrative % HRT Coordinator position is a new position, designed as part of this restructuring. This position will be responsible for administrative tasks in the medical clinic, and running the Hormone Replacement Therapy program with the assistance of the Health Services Director and the medical team.
Clinic Approaches & Protocols
- Research best practices and trainings for implementation in the medical clinic
- Develop / update clinic protocols and policies
- Support Medical Director with program visioning and goal-setting
- Work with the Medical Director to coordinate medical clinics (ex. scheduling appointments)
- Occasionally running regular medical clinics or results call-times in the absence of the Health Services Director
- Occasionally sterilizing materials and other medical clinic preparation
- Work with Health Services Director on completing regular statistics
- Work with Fundraising & Communications team to maintain and update health services website content
- Provide office coordinators and other relevant staff with up-to-date health referrals and information
- Regularly order necessary clinic supplies, purchase equipment as needed, maintain inventory
Hormone Replacement Therapy Coordination
Program Design & Administration
- Develop new intake systems, protocols, and best practices in HRT
- Coordinate with clinic staff and doctors on relaunch of HRT program
- Develop and update protocols as needed; consult and inform relevant staff (e.g. office coordinators)
- Collect client feedback, respond to complaints (when and if they arise)
- Oversee program evaluation and statistics collection
Hormone Replacement Therapy
- Manage Hormone Treatment Program, waiting list and pacing of new patients
- Act as point person for clients in hormone treatment program: conduct initial consultations, review of informed consent forms, explaining procedures, arranging for blood work, etc
- Develop and update educational materials for clients (pamphlets, handouts, online resources), delegate to stagiaires/volunteers when appropriate
- Uphold the mission and mandate of Head & Hands
- Attend the AGM and a minimum of 2 other major events per year
- Attend staff meetings (including staff retreats)
- Assist in the maintenance of the centre (e.g. Spring cleaning day)
- Attend relevant health conferences, trainings and events
- Communicate and strategize with relevant community partners about services and resource sharing
- Support the Health Services Director in recruitment and training of new medical staff, including stagiaires, volunteers, and physicians
- Fluently bilingual (English and French), both oral and written
- Experience and/or education in at least one of the following areas: hormone replacement therapy, trans health, 2SLGBTQ+ youth health, sex worker health
- Deep understanding of the lived experience of the chronic strain or stress of gender marginalization, transphobia, transmisogyny
- Deep understanding of the lived experience of the chronic strain or stress of other forms of marginalization: racism, homophobia, xenophobia, poverty, living with disability
- Experience and/or education in administration, or any skills that the candidate may consider transferable to administration
- A commitment to harm reduction and anti-oppression principles
- Skills in conflict de-escalation, active listening, crisis intervention
- Understanding of informed consent
- Excellent time-management and organizational skills
- Ability to work autonomously
- Commitment to Head & Hands mission and approach
- Experience working in a collaborative team setting
- Experience in administrative roles
Head & Hands’ Medical Clinic has remained open and operational throughout the pandemic, with some appointments in person (when absolutely necessary) and others through teleconference. This position will require some in-person and direct client work: the candidate must be able and willing to work from the office. This position will have in person training, and can after that expect to work approximately 1-3 days in office, supporting with the medical clinic. We understand that this will inherently limit some people’s access to this job, but unfortunately the role itself requires the ability to be in office. Candidates will be consulted to facilitate and negotiate their in-office presence (number of people, sanitation details, etc).
Full PPE and training are provided by Head & Hands. If concerned please contact 514-481-0277 or include questions in your application.
- Knowledge of additional language(s), particularly Spanish
- Experience working with youth and/or marginalized populations
- Experience in working in the non-profit sector and/or in a community organization.
- Knowledge or experience with drug use, sexual assault, addictions, and/or mental health interventions
- Knowledge of STBBI protocols or willing to learn and apply them.
- Knowledge of queer and/or trans organizations and resources in Montreal, Quebec and Canada.
- Harm reduction intervention related to the consumption of injection and inhalation drug use
- Harm reduction intervention related to sexual health
As this position is responsible for coordinating the HRT program, we strongly encourage trans, non-binary, and gender non-conforming folks to apply.
Send CV and Cover Letter in one PDF document to firstname.lastname@example.org with “ATTN: Administrative Coordinator” in the subject line. Applications can also be submitted by fax to (514) 481-2336 or in person at 3465 ave Benny. Guidelines for preparing your CV and cover letter are available on our website. No incomplete or late applications will be accepted.
Applications are due by 5:00PM on September 20th 2020. All candidates will be sent a confirmation that their application was received, but only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted further. Ideal position start date: October 19th.