Want to be a YPP Volunteer?
We are currently seeking volunteers for this semester at YPP!
Interested in providing childcare alongside our 2 childcare educators, as a way to provide respite for the participants of our program? Getting involved with in our program is an excellent way to help us meet the main goals of YPP, breaking isolation, offering respite and support, and building a sense of community! So come join us…
About YPP and the Childcare Program
The Young Parents Program (YPP) meets three times a week and is for parents and their kids. It is a place where they can go to break isolation, build community and get support. At YPP, childcare educators with the support from volunteers, animate fun and educational programming with the kids, while parents have time to focus on themselves or simply get a break. We cook, eat, and clean together. We learn and share concrete skills to enhance parenting, we offer workshops that range from sex-ed to photography and simply take time off to relax. Beyond the programming, the YPP is an access point, a meeting place, and a safe space for our community’s young families.
- You are interested in working with children (no experience necessary)
- You can commit until end of June 2019
- You have basic conversational English
- You can attend our 4 hour training session
- Be available for one of the following shifts on a weekly basis: Mondays, Wednesdays or Fridays from 9-12 or 12-3:30pm
For information: 514-483-0660 or email@example.com